Dr. Amza Ali
Dr. Amza Ali
Dr Amza Ali is a graduate of the University of the West Indies (MBBS) and of the DM programme in Internal Medicine. He trained in Neurology at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London and is specialty certified in Neurology by the Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom and the Association of British Neurologists. He also completed a clinical fellowship in epilepsy at the Neurological Institute, Columbia University in New York. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the Royal College of Physicians of London.
In 2009 the American Academy of Neurology selected him for the Donald M. Palatucci Advocacy Leadership Forum, for his work in the field of epilepsy.
In June 2011 he delivered the prestigious annual Swebelius Lecture at Yale University, in recognition of his work in this field.
Dr. Amza Ali Publications
- HTLV-I infected dendritic cells, enhanced lymphocytic proliferation and Tropical Spastic Paraparesis: Ali A, Rudge P, Cruickshank K, Knight S, Dalgleish A.G. Clinical and Experimental Immunology 1993 94: 32-37.
- ILAE Report: Epilepsy in North America:Theodore W.T, Spencer S, Wiebe S, Langfitt J.T, Ali A, Shafer P.O, Berg A.T, Vickrey B.G. Epilepsia 2006 47 (10) 1700-1722.
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy in a patient infected with Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Type I. Ali A, Char G, Hanchard B. BMJ Case Reports 2009; doi:10.1136/bcr.03.2009.1680.
- Seizures in the Jamaica Cohort Study of Sickle Cell Disease. Ali SB, Reid M, Fraser R, MooSang M, Ali A. Br J Haematol. 2010 Nov;151(3):265-72. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2010.08344.x. Epub 2010 Aug 31.
- Quality of Life of Persons with Epilepsy in Kingston, Jamaica. Gordon-Perue G, Gayle F, Fraser R, Ali A. Epilepsy Behav. 2011 May;21(1):23-6. Epub 2011 Apr 1.